The Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority of the City of Orlando, Florida (OHA) met in a regular Board Meeting session at the Orlando Housing Authority's Administration Building, 390 North Bumby Avenue, Orlando, Florida Thursday, January 16, 2020. Chair Carson called the meeting to order at 2:04 p.m. and announced that there was a quorum. This was the second (3rd) meeting for the 2020 fiscal year. The meeting lasted thirty (30) minutes.
Ed Carson, Chair (3/0)
Vicki Brooks, Vice Chair (2/1)
Brice Aikens, Esq. (2/1)
Brunilda Alfaro (2/0)
Dick Batchelor (1/2)
Nancy Peed (3/0)
Stephen Smith (2/1)
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM MEETING - NOVEMBER 7, 2019
On a motion duly made by Vice Chair Brooks, seconded by Commissioner Peed and carried, the November 7, 2019 minutes of the Board of Commissioners' meeting were approved.
III. FINANCIAL REPORT
Mr. Michael Simmons, Chief Financial Officer, presented the financial report.
IV. PUBLIC APPEARANCES
CONSENT AGENDA - NONE
NON-CONSENT AGENDA - NONE
VI. DISCUSSION ITEMS
- INITIATIVES TO IMPACT HOMELESSNESS
Ms. Rhonda Pierce, Assistant to the President/CEO, presented the report.
- WEST OAKS APARTMENTS UPDATE
Mr. Ayub Fleming, Asset Development Program Manager, presented an update on the West Oaks Apartments.
- ANTIOCH MANOR APARTMENTS UPDATE
Mr. Ayub Fleming, Asset Development Program Manager, presented an update on the Antioch Manor Apartments.
- SANFORD HOUSING AUTHORITY UPDATE
Mr. Ayub Fleming, Asset Development Program Manager, presented an update on the Sanford Housing Authority (SHA).
- BOARD CONFLICT OF INTEREST POLICY
Ms. Vivian Bryant, Esq., President/CEO and Mr. Ricardo Gilmore, Esq., General Counsel, will have the Board Conflict of Interest Policy at the next board meeting.
VII. OLD BUSINESS - NONE
VIII. NEW BUSINESS - NONE
IX. PRESIDENT/CEO'S REPORT
Ms. Vivian Bryant, Esq. discussed the following:
- Strategic Plan Facilitator Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Public Housing Authorities Directors Association (PHADA) 2020 Commissioners' Conference
- National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) Board of Governors Retreat
- Housing and Development Legal Institute (HDLI) General Counsel Forum
- Section 18 Demolition Application
- Fair Housing Voluntary Compliance Agreement (VCA) for Section 3 with the United States Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has been completed.
XI. CHAIR'S REPORT
Chair Carson did not have a report.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 2:34 p.m.