February 20, 2020 OHA Board Meeting Minutes
The Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority of the City of Orlando, Florida (OHA) met in a regular Board Meeting session at the Orlando Housing Authority's Administration Building, 390 North Bumby Avenue, Orlando, Florida Thursday, February 20, 2020. Chair Carson called the meeting to order at 2:04 p.m. and announced that there was a quorum. This was the fourth (4th) meeting for the 2020 fiscal year. The meeting lasted forty-four (44) minutes.
Ed Carson, Chair (4/0)
Vicki Brooks, Vice Chair (3/1)
Brice Aikens, Esq. (3/1)
Brunilda Alfaro (3/0)
Nancy Peed (4/0)
Stephen Smith (3/1)
Dick Batchelor (1/3)
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM MEETING - JANUARY 16, 2020
On a motion duly made by Commissioner Alfaro, seconded by Vice Chair Brooks and carried, the January 16, 2020 minutes of the Board of Commissioners' meeting were approved.
III. FINANCIAL REPORT
Mr. Michael Simmons, Chief Financial Officer, presented the financial report.
IV. PUBLIC APPEARANCES - NONE
The Board of Commissioners acted upon the following Consent Agenda items through a single vote, which was moved by Commissioner Aikens, seconded by Commissioner Alfaro and carried, that the Board adopt the following Resolutions as introduced, read and discussed.
- RESOLUTION NO.: 3660
ADOPT THE CODE OF ETHICS FOR COMMISSIONERS OF THE ORLANDO HOUSING AUTHORITY
- RESOLUTION NO.: 3661
AUTHORIZING THE PRESIDENT/CEO TO ISSUE A CONTRACT TO THE HIGHEST RANKED QUALIFIED OFFEROR FOR COPIER SERVICES
- RESOLUTION NO.: 3662
AUTHORIZING NONFRATERNIZATION POLICY TO PROHIBIT ORLANDO HOUSING AUTHORITY EMPLOYEES FROM HAVING PROHIBITED PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH OHA CLIENTS
- RESOLUTION NO.: 3663
ATHORIZING A WORKFORCE NONFRATERNIZATION POLICY TO PROHIBIT ORLANDO HOUSING AUTHORITY EMPLOYEES FROM HAVING PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH ORLANO HOUSING AUTHORITY FELLOW EMPLOYEES
- RESOLUTION NO. : 3664
AUTHORIZATION TO ADOPT A WORKPLACE WHISTLEBLOWER POLICY
NON-CONSENT AGENDA - NONE
VI. DISCUSSION ITEMS
- INITIATIVES TO IMPACT HOMELESSNESS
Ms. Rhonda Pierce, Assistant to the President/CEO, presented the report.
- WEST OAKS APARTMENTS UPDATE
Mr. Ayub Fleming, Asset Development Program Manager, presented an update on the West Oaks Apartments.
- ANTIOCH MANOR APARTMENTS UPDATE
Mr. Ayub Fleming, Asset Development Program Manager, presented an update on the Antioch Manor Apartments.
- SANFORD HOUSING AUTHORITY UPDATE
Mr. Ayub Fleming, Asset Development Program Manager, presented an update on the Sanford Housing Authority (SHA).
VII. OLD BUSINESS - NONE
VIII. NEW BUSINESS - NONE
IX. PRESIDENT/CEO'S REPORT
Ms. Vivian Bryant, Esq. discussed the following:
- Strategic Plan Update: After a brief introduction, Ms. Bryant asked Ms. Kris Warren, Senior Vice President of CVR Associates, to introduce herself to the board members.
- National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) Board of Governors Retreat
- Moving to Work Conference, Washington, D.C.
- Housing and Development Law Institute (HDLI) Spring Legal Conference, Washington, D.C.
- Congresswoman Stephanie Murphy's Roundtables, Maitland and Orlando, FL.
- Ms. Bryant asked Attorney Ricardo Gilmore, Esq., Orlando Housing Authority's Legal Counsel, to share discussions at the Florida Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (FAHRO) Executive Directors Forum.
X. CHAIR'S REPORT
Chair Carson did not have a report.
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 2:44 p.m.